Sunday Swoon. 9th June 2013.
1. I’ve had One Of These Days on constantly this week. This is such a stunning track. Gaz Coombes tracing time hauntingly, the man responsible for the care free soundtrack of my late teens with Supergrass now writing heartbreaking songs about loss eighteen years later.
2. Unexpected new Hot Chip track arrived this week, Dark & Stormy (one of my favourite rum based mixes). Consistently great and one of my favourite bands to see live.
3. For all the hipsters (and I mean the good sort of hipster, which does exist) into electronic music you’ll be as happy as I with the new Fuck Buttons track The Red Wing. Annoyingly clashing with the one band I’m determined to see at Glastonbury this year. Festival clash woes starting already.
4. Disclosure’s debut album Settle was released this week. Every track uplifting and instant. Such a great time for electronic music. So good that Boards of Canada even return next week.
5. My love for Tom Krell (How To Dress Well) grows deeper on Shlohmo’s track Don’t Say No. I didn’t think I could love him anymore after he covered Janet Jackson’s Again at Field Day. I suspect myself and Jo were the only ones in the audience that recognised the cover, or were willing to admit we did.
6. Finally Vampire Weekend released another video for Diane Young. Featuring Dirty Projectors, Santigold and The Walkmen. I especially appreciate naked tambourine playing.