Sunday Swoon. March 3rd 2013
1. David Bowie not only released a new video for the track The Stars (Are Out Tonight) this week but you can also stream his album The Next Day on iTunes for free up until it’s release date on March 12th. This video is beautifully shot and now my style inspiration for the rest of the year. Tilda Swinton looks stunning.
2. Typing the words “Johnny Marr released his first debut album this week” I immediately want to follow it up with “How has this only just happened?” Feels like we have been robbed somewhat, but Messenger was worth waiting for.
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs released Sacrilege to the world. Lo-fi and gritty with a choir you’d expect to turn up on a Primal Scream track. It definitely sounds less polished than the sounds of the last album It’s A Blitz. Perhaps Mosquito will be a return to their earlier tracks. No matter what I’ve adored every album so I am confident it will be one of my albums of the year.
4. Warm, simply beautiful and instantly lovable. Caitlin Rose’s album The Stand In will definitely make the albums of the year at the end of 2013. If I was going to tell you to buy one album from a week of busy releases it would be hers.
5. I have a huge soft spot for Theme Park after seeing them support Summer Camp at Efes Pool Hall in Dalston (what seems like an eternity ago). A band that bring drinking something boozy out of pineapples and exposed ankles to mind even when I’m freezing in heavy knit cardigans have my heart. Their self-titled debut album is out this week.