Twitter Presents A Mixtape
I decided to have a week off from my self-imposed mixtape duties this week and handed the reigns over to Twitter. I asked people to message me the first song that pops into their head and the first ten people came out with the below (except it turned into eleven). With the tracks coming from completely different people the choices are truly eclectic, I may experiment more in the future with this format.
There are people I can’t compete with in coolness from their choices, there’s also a track in John Cale that I’d never heard before and Mick Hucknall managed to thrust his ginger hips (?) into my blog for the second time. Could not see that coming!
- Chairmen of the Board – Patches (monkeypicks)
- The Bangles – Walk Like an Egyptian (CurlyKerryLee)
- Spiritualized – I Think I’m In Love (GarethEvans1975)
- John Cale – Pablo Picasso (BobWinckworth)
- Simply Red – Holding Back the Years (Sarah_Woolley)
- The Clash – Stay Free (GoingUndrground)
- Bob Dylan – Quinn the Eskimo (Ryledale)
- Spencer Davis Group – I’m a Man (famouswhendead)
- Janelle Monae – Dance or Die (elllmilll)
- The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio (buzzstas)
- The Beatles – For No One (DanStayte)