Movies Mixtape Guest Blog
For some time my long-standing talented side kick magicmaggenpie has been threatening to guest blog for me but she is easily distracted by shiny things glinting in the sun that catch her eye. On what must have been an overcast day with minimal distractions she finally sat down and provided me with her movies mixtape. Genuinely truly love this playlist, she has expert taste in films.
- Tyler Bates – Two Perfect Moments (Super. The most brilliant film I’ve seen this year. It’s violent and quirky but with tons of heart)
- The Marcels – Blue Moon (American Werewolf in Paris. The best tongue-in-cheek horror film ever? I think so)
- Harry Belafonte – Jump In The Line (Beetlejuice. A childhood favourite, and on of Tim Burton’s best)
- Penguin Cafe – Perpetuum Mobile (Mary & Max. Original, sad and funny and it’s animated)
- Clarence Frogman Henry – Ain’t Got No Home (The Lost Boys. Vampires and teenage boys slathered in 80’s style. Another childhood favourite)
- Nick Drake – Fly (The Royal Tennenbaums. Magnificent. Enough said)
- Yann Tierson – La Vaise D’Amelie (Orchestra Version) – (Amelie. Magical and perfect cinematography )
- The Faces – Ooh La La (From Wes Anderson’s Rushmore)
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – Hong Kong Garden (Marie Antoinette. Love the ballroom party scene this song accompanies)
- John Williams – The Ballroom Scene (Witches of Eastwick. Just magic)
- Cat Stevens – If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out (Harold & Maude. The cutest film ever. Maude rules. From Desk Till Dawn’s romance heroine?)
Find me on Twitter @fromdesktildawn.