December 12th Mixtape. “Heartbreaking but redemptive”
This mixtape is for someone on Twitter who gave me the challenge of compiling tracks that were;
“heartbreaking but redemptive. A journey from the end of things to the start of something new”.
My life has a constant soundtrack, it keeps step with me when I’m dancing, whispers at my shoulder when I’m at a loss, brings forgotten memories to the forefront of my mind, a companion when I’m alone. I usually write about the tracks I pick but felt this would take something away from the songs I’ve chosen. I want the person I made this for to find their own meaning in the lyrics. Enjoy.
- Blur – No Distance Left To Run
- Antony & The Johnsons – Hope There’s Someone
- Peggy Lee – It Never Entered My Mind
- James Taylor – Fire & Rain
- LCD Soundsystem – Someone Great
- The Kills – The Last Goodbye
- Walker Brothers – No Regrets
- Sam Cooke – A Change Is Gonna Come
- Foals – Spanish Sahara
- Mercury Rev – The Dark Is Rising