July 17th Mixtape
This weekend I promised my body a well deserved break, my liver has been bearing up remarkably, my feet have been trudging through fields & my eyes have stayed open when weary.
But I got horribly drunk on Friday. I was running an event for my company so was up at 5am and finally got a well deserved drink at around 3pm. By then I was so sick of explaining to an idiot what a canape was and it was indeed edible (he’d only ever heard of canopies and was questioning why I was insisting it was food) that I hit the wine, sambuca, some grassy vodka shot, rum and cider pretty stupidly hard! Even what I thought was a well thought out escape route through the back of one pub accidentally led me straight into the back door of another and I found myself in front of an amazing burlesque show so I stayed put (If Carlsberg done escape from dull colleagues it would probably be the best escape from dull colleagues in the world).
The feeling I woke up with was not the glowing picture of health I had aspired to. I have been positively saintly the rest of the weekend though, all those chores I’ve been putting off eventually whizzed through. Now sitting here trying to keep Monday night blues at bay, never an easy thing! Enjoy your week. ♥
- Bjork – Crystalline (OBSESSED with this song… & her)
- Blondie – Union City Blue
- Sly & The Family Stone – Sing A Simple Song
- Prefab Sprout – Moving The River
- Greg Brown – Someday House
- Guillemots – I Must Be A Lover
- Elbow – Lippy Kids
- Gene – Sleep Well Tonight (Dedicated to someone inspiring)
- Sam Cooke – Bring It On Home To Me
- Otis Redding – I’ve Been Loving You Too Long