Posts Tagged ‘Otis Redding’
The Letter O Mixtape to get over Wednesday (a.k.a Hump Day)
Certain songs on this list invoke such strong memories. Some of them visual, My sister getting ready to go out, dressed up like a Robert Palmer girl playing Orange Juice over and over. Proving I know the entire rap from Ol’ Dirty Bastard sat outside my tent with Al at Glastonbury in the morning sunshine. Some of them a feeling, a heartfelt sigh bubbling to the surface over OK Go’s End Love. That deep-rooted sense of needing to push on with life during the hard times from Otis Redding.
And yes, this being the internet I’m aware people have a penchant for animal videos so I’ve also posted the OK Go video with dogs that people went nuts for two years ago below.
- Orange Juice – Rip It Up
- Outkast – So Fresh, So Clean
- OK Go – End Love
- Of Montreal – Our Riotous Defects
- OMD – Enola Gay
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Got Your Money
- Olive – You’re Not Alone
- Ocean Colour Scene – Hundred Mile High City
- Outfit – Everything All The Time
- Otis Redding – A Change Is Gonna Come
This week I have learnt it is far easier to make a nine-hour playlist than it is to make a marzipan Morrissey. While making a cake topper has eluded me (so far) the music selection for my sisters & faux bro’s wedding has not. Those nine hours were eventually whittled down by half, still a lot more than is required of me. Here is a random selection of ten tracks that made the final cut. I reluctantly admitted that Azealia Banks 212 was not entirely appropriate. However I maintain I have a future career as a bad wedding DJ calling me.
My ridiculously handsome parents on their wedding day (I suspect I was the milkman and Avon ladies offspring).
- Otis Redding – Love Man
- Bugsy Malone – You Give A Little Love
- Haircut 100 – Fantastic Day
- Marvin Gaye – Got To Give It Up
- Space – Me & You Vs The World
- Alabama Shakes – I Found You
- The Clash – Train In Vain
- The Proclaimers – Lets Get Married
- Morrissey – You’re The One For Me Fatty
- Pulp – Do You Remember The First Time